Saturday, October 15, 2011

Book review: "Why I Believed: Reflections of a Former Missionary"

I stumbled upon an ebook yesterday and it really stole my attention. I downloaded the free sample and I was hooked. It seemed to me that the feelings that I have had while giving up faith have been put into words as if I had written them myself. There are a few minor differences in both our journeys and our way of thinking yet the essence is still there. There are many who have asked me what exactly made me "leave God" and I never had quite the right answer. Yet in this short look into a former missionarys journey to atheism the words are formed perfectly. There are many family members and friends who would like to know why I disbelieve and how I got here; This book explains it almost exactly. It feels like I wrote it in a parallel universe and I have discovered my own writings. It is not an attack on religion, but he will call a spade a spade. There are things that may seem harsh but are not there to offend. It is not rudeness but candor. It is the first on my recommended reading list, and you can download a free 34 page sample from the link below but it is well worth the $0.99 to buy the whole book. It's 3 in the morning. I couldn't put it down. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment